
Early morning drive and really gross squeeze cheese
Portland Airport
Airplane buddies.
Airplane buddies continued.... me + Angie + airplane magazines= way too much fun

With passports in hand as you can see... unfortunately, the guy put the stamp in the middle of my passport! Why do they do that? Don't they know some people like things to be in chronological order? It's a lost cause.
First morning in Playa Del Carmen!Gracie and I hit the beach early (9:00) in the morning and it was way hot and way sweaty. Yesssss!
~Outreach numero uno~Destination: Puerto Morelos: construction site where we ministered to about 75 (?) Mayan construction workers. It was definitely an intimidating way to start our missions trip.




Here are the guys coming up to recieve Christ. Many, many salvation's- Praise God!!!
Afterwards, we embraced the Mexican culture by eating at an authentic Chinese restaurant...that's just silly.
DAY #3
Destination: anywhere that was not in the HOT un-air conditioned and extremely sweaty van. Real Destination: Josa Maria Morelos: Little town 4 hours away.

The true test of manliness: the habanero (spelling?) pepper

The scary, scary soup... it was actually really good!

Gracie and Mayan woman up-close and personal. Word to the wise, make sure you really like the person before you sit down or else it will just be awkward...

Say hello to killer turkey. He was totally chasing me and making these weird hissing sounds. I think it was because I ate his mother for lunch. Atleast they said it was turkey...
Our ministry spot. Way cool.
Me, Angie, and the faithful cowgirl hat. It's been through a lot.
Sett'n up in the sun
Popcorn crew


Worship
Me and some really cute kiddies

Prayer
DAY #3
Destination: Cancun
This was not the typical Cancun scenario. Scroll down and you will agree.

Look at me and my bad self embracing the culture and eating more turkey (?) soup.

Me and Debbie. We were so excited about taking a picture in front of the cool blue house, that we forgot to invite the people that lived there. Oops! We went back later to invite them :)



DAY #4
The Sabbath!
Day four and we were all feeling the effects of the heat, humidity (soooo sweaty!), late nights and strenuous schedule, so we took our Sabbath and went to Pamual where we relaxed at a restaurant that had delicious food, a pool and beautiful beach. .



The lovely ladies
model shot

Along with Jay, these were our fearless leaders Ron and Donna Griggs
That night, our team did the worship and preaching for Ron and Donna Griggs' church in Playa Del Carmen

A little testimony time in the girls condo
DAY #5

Field trip to the Mayan Ruins


The beach was BEAUTIFUL!!! I wanted to get in soo bad but, I was wearing white shorts. erggg! It's times like this when I wish I was a guy... or maybe not...



Steph and I were the only girls to go, hence the many pictures of her and me :)

That afternoon we did an outreach in Playa in a rough neighborhood. We encountered the defiant attitude of gangsters and praised God that night when all these young guys- including the ring leader who happened to be our translator, came up to receive Christ in tears. At one time, there were too many boys that wanted prayer, so we just had them stand in a line and pray together. The boldness that comes upon you when you are devoting every waking moment to reaching the lost is so amazing. Our team definitely experienced this Holy Spirit empowered boldness and gave my sister and me the guts to ask a security guard if he wanted prayer. We ended up praying for his security guard friend as well.

A little security guard ministry

A little teeter-totter ministry

After a crazy amazing night of prayer and worship, we "did the town" and experienced 5th street and the beach at night.

Oh yes, we are party animals.

We are such a spiritual group... sure.
DAY #6

Day six and we all were feeling like we were on tour because we had the loading and unloading of the trailer and musical instruments down to a science. Our last outreach was in another neighborhood in Playa. This was an amazing last night for all of us. Healings, Holy Spirit baptisms, salvations, and TONS of prayer took place. I ran out of room on my picture card :( so no pictures on ministry, but this was for sure the craziest night
Wooooo!!!!
DAY #7

On the road again....

Nine hour layover in Houston. By then, my voice was going bye bye and my jokes were getting really, really, funny. I know, hard to believe isn't it?
Molly: "Aggg!!! Just tell me to shut up!"
Jared: "Shut up"
The last day, we got up very early and headed for Cancun for the trip home, but the missions trip hadn’t ended. We witnessed to our van driver on the way and he got saved too! In the Huston air port we had a blissful nine hour layover in which we walked through the airport covering it in prayer. We also found this really peaceful airport chapel and used it well. Some kids from the team had the opportunity to witness to the cashier of a sports store while we were hanging out in the airport and he ended up getting baptized in the Holy Spirit before we left! We flew into Portland around midnight, and then drove to Bend at 3:30 in the morning the next day very, very tired.
Officially the longest blog post in blogger history.

16 comments:
your camera card my eye... good thing I have a camera, no? and good thing you took so many pics!
I stand corrected- it was Gracie's camera, but she refused to take the total responsibility of being a camera owner, which beside keeping it safe is... taking pictures, no really? So I became it's godmother for the week.
Yours is a blog worth checking and reading! Way to keep us potatoe heads updated!
Oooh! Yah! These are the first Mexico pics I've seen besides my own. Thanks for posting 'em! I just love you. Plain & simple.
Hi!
Molly!
You!
Are!
So!
Amazing!
Love!
The!
Pics!
♥♥♥
You are so funny! I want to go on a missions trip with you! What you all did for the people down there is incredible and I am so proud to be your friend :)
~ Katy
woo mexico!
Post a Comment