Friday, January 19, 2007

Party in the Hood!

Just kidding mom :)
Actually, if you open up the meaning of "party" to "crazy-wild-never-a-dull-moment-always-something-silly-going-on-music's-always-playing-someone's-always-laughing-or-singing-or-doing-a-Tarzan-impersonation-while-sparring-with-wooden-spoons-and-rubber-spatulas-in-the-kitchen", every day is a party at my house.

Most of the time, silly stuff just happens because silly people live here.
Just this week, a couple amusing things have happened.
The first incident occurred on Tuesday night. Right after doing worship in 180, I notice that my cell phone has 4 new messages on it- all from home. So, I called the house and my little brother quickly informed me that my dog had eaten his whole box of candy. Now, this is no small collection of confections. Sam's b-day was just the day before, so amongst other goodies like peanut butter cups, Hershey's kisses, candy bars, a mound bar, and other chocolaty goodness, was the piece-De-resistance: a gourmet dark chocolate bar which he got for his birthday. Now, all was gone except for some fruit snacks, and a few other slobbery sugary morsels. Sam, of course, was beside himself with sadness over his now, non-existent, years worth of saved up candy (both my brothers do this, I don't know where they got it, but instead of eating the candy, they save it and trade with each other. Silly.) And I was just a little concerned about my dog, so I zoomed home and there was the infidel, sleeping on her bed. She looked fine, but I didn't want to take any chances, so I looked up some "help! my dog ate chocolate" info on the Internet, and after reading horror stories about dogs dying after eating a few m&m's I decided that it was time to take action. There was a lot of different advice, like putting salt in the back of the dogs mouth to get the gag reflex going, or ipecac, or hydrogen peroxide. Of course mom was gone at Tuesday night small group, so I called her and they all prayed that she wouldn't keel over because she is my means of protection this week since I am "bachelorett-ing" it for the next two weeks, and Sonja Decker suggested that I try to gag her with my hand. So gag I did, but it didn't work because I could practically fit my whole hand down her throat. bummer. Our next attempt was the hydrogen peroxide diluted in water, and yes, she decided that she wasn't thirsty, so we made it tasty for her. She finally drank it up and then she was all perky and spunky so I ran around with her in the backyard, in the dark and cold hoping that it would shake things up a little. After about 10 minutes of this nonsense, Gracie and I decided that we should feed her chocolate more often. So we brought her inside and then it happened. As all good mothers do, I noticed that Sadie started to look a little droopy like she was going to be sick, so I rushed her outside, and out came her breakfast, lunch, dinner, and little midnight snack. yay! I never thought I'd be so happy to see anyone or anything barf because for some reason I always think it's the end of the world when anyone does. eww. So, I took inventory after she was done, and there were candy wrappers in all colors, shapes, and sizes, and Lots of chocolate. Woo hoo. Sam is still sad, but I told him if he wanted his chocolate bar, it was out on the grass. mean. No, I'm going to buy him a new one :)

The second event is much less complicated because I just heard about it, and didn't see it firsthand. Nolan and Sam love air soft guns-let me tell you, there ain't nothin' "soft" about those little suckers. I bet they named them like that only so kid's could convince their moms to buy them. So yesterday, Nolan (the 13 year old) got an air soft gun pellet stuck in his ear. I'll let you guys try to figure out how it got there, because I'm not even sure how it happened. So then, Nolan tried to get it out but the pellet kept doing the shimmy, so he stopped and asked for some assistance from mom. Long story short, pellet-in-ear-mom-mini screwdriver-pellet-out-of-ear.
Hoy.

And last but not least... An announcement! My little bro Sam is now 11!!!! woot! woot! We celebrated with a few of his little guy friends at Red Robin, and although I went against all my vows to never eat at the big bad bird, we had a great time. I took some cute pictures, but I can't post them because the camera which they are on is traveling on a plane as we speak to Mexico with my Mom and Sis who are going on a week and 1/2 missions trip (pray, K?). And I... get to stay home, hold down the fort, watch my favorite dog, and go to school while they are getting a tan and swimming in the sea. Ooo, extra cool-ness points for me!

Alllllrighty you guys,
enough for today.

Peace out.

No comments: