Saturday, January 27, 2007

Yay! For free ski day!!!!!

So what did you do yesterday? I was one of the crazies- along with Nancy and Sarah Bratton- that actually went up to the mountain for free ski day and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! At first I wasn't sure because it was so foggy in town, but I looked on the Mt. Bachelor snow cam when I got up yesterday morning and it was clear and starry, so we went for it. Surprisingly enough, there weren't that many people up there, so we had the mountain pretty much to ourselves. Sweet! We stayed on the East side of the mountain- rainbow chair (it bit Nancy's ski pole in half!) and the Sunrise chair because there weren't as many people. Oh, word to the wise- try getting your ticket and rentals (if you need them) at the Sunrise Lodge- Aka the "Country Club" of the mountain. It's wayyy better because most of the out-of-town-ers go to the main lodge and it's really crazy, plus you have to park five miles away, and no one likes that. We got an amazing parking spot at Sunrise, had a tailgate party with our pbj's for lunch and it was wonderful! The snow was quite superb as well. I only fell once doing a SWEET jump in the terrain park- lost a ski, the works. No, actually I'm not that hard core....yet :) Your going to laugh because my place of demise was really- of all places- on dillydally alley. Dumb! I used to really like that run when I was little, but I think it's time to grow up when my skis are long enough to reach both sides of a jump and straddle it, don't you? So that was my most un-fav. run, and I think my fav. yesterday was the summit. The view was soooooo beautiful! We closed the place down around 4:30 and headed home, then Sarah and I made pizza at my place and stayed up really late watching the only movie worth watching- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Just kidding!!! We ended up watching something else, but it came in a close second to be sure :)
So this morning when I got up at the oh-so-early time of 10:00 (I don't think I woke up once last night, I was soooo tired!), I rolled out of bed and my calf instantly turned into a huge cramp. owweee! I can not believe how sore I am from skiing! Everything Huuuuurts really baaddd! And I think I tweaked my neck too. bummer. But honestly, my first thought was, "humph, I should do this more often!" No pain, no gain, right?
Anyhoo, sorry for no pictures, but once again, the camera is in Mexico :)
Chou!

3 comments:

Grace said...

La camera no esta en Mexico, lo tengo! jaja. Voy a clase para suspender un examen. No he estudiado. Que chimbo.

Anonymous said...

Que chimbo indeed. Next time, we WILL be hitting the terrain parks, right mo? ;) It's the dillydally alley for big kids...

Molly Polly said...

Hey, no "Que Chimbo-ing" on my blog, missy! Now you need to explain yourself to all my blogging buddies.
:)