Saturday, February 17, 2007

Break a Leg...Literally.

Yes, it's true, someone in my family has broken a leg. And of all people, my Mom! I keep on telling her to stay off those black diamonds and out of the terrain park, but does she listen? No. The jump, the twist, the "WooHooo!!!", the fall, the crunch... Just Kidding. Before you start thinking that I have a really crazy mom, she doesn't have a cool fall to brag about, but she did break her leg on the mountain. I think it was on marshmallow or something :) The story is actually pretty simple. She was up skiing with my little brothers and she was watching where they were going instead of where she was going so she fell and her leg twisted funny. It was all very exciting- the whole ride down on the ski patrol sled, the doctor's visit, the x-rays, etc. Problem is, I didn't know about it because for one, I was at school until evening, and for two, I'm not cool enough to own a cellular. (Yes, I am one of the last in this dying breed of cell phone-less humans.) So I walked up on the porch around 5:30 pm. and could see through the window into the living room, and what did I spy, but a pair of fateful crutches. Great. I rushed in preparing to hear moans and groans, but the invalid was laying on the couch with her leg on a pile of pillows and she was laughing and talking on the phone... for the next 45 minutes! And then, someone else called and she was talking for another while. humph! Once I finally did get to talk to her and ask how she was doing and what on earth happened, I found out that the crazy woman wasn't even taking any pain medication! The next day, Sam came down with the grunge- aka the bad cold that everyone and their mother is catching. So between mom needing things and Sam needing things it has been very exciting around here. However, I was starting to get a little suspicious of Sam after a couple of days because he seemed to be feeling so much better, but still insisted that he was sick and had to stay in bed. But who wouldn't want to when they are getting french toast, chicken soup and movies? My main concern was to keep him from spreading the wealth so I didn't really mind. Unfortunately, I think that the deed has been done because I am now feeling a little under the weather myself. Bummer. So, yes, that is what I have been up to. All very fun but a little on the tiring side.
Peace out.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Hola hermana, I love your writing style! Are all your journals written as well as your blog? Maybe I should peek and see... haha. check out my new post, you will like it. Necesitas poner fotos en tu blog. luv ya.

Anonymous said...

your poor mommy. :( If it makes you feel any better, I am also sick right now. Woot. Didn't that happen the last time, when I was sick in Mexico and you were sick in Bend? Ugg.

~Sarah

PS. Call me sometime. :)

Molly Polly said...

Gracie: about the journals... You'll never know...right?

Sarah: Hmmm, I think you're right. We must be having sympathy colds for eachother. Are you taking care of yourself? I'm not. I was on the 180 worship team for tues. wed. and we did all worship nights which were really amazing (even though I sounded like a guy) and I got to bed waayyyy too late last night so now I sound like a frog - *croak* :P

Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Molly you are hilarious! I laugh everytime I read your blog! I can always see your "About me" picture above my computer screen telling the story! Your writing is as expressive as your face! Blog on!