Monday, April 02, 2007

---------Spring Break---------

What did you do last week? I went to the Beach!!!! Wooo!!!!
I realize that there are a lot of pictures here, but they are mostly pretty funny, so hold the phone...
So as with almost everyone and their grandmother, we HAD to go visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory on the way to our cabin... it's a tradition...
However, as you can see, the factory part was closed for maintenance... During spring break when there are tons of people there. Pretty cheesy, I'd say...

Here is our lovely abode. A true cabin indeed.
There is this really cool canal in back and if you are really skilled at the rubber row boat, you can actually make it out to a little lake.


And here is the inside. Proof that I am no liar with my descriptions of it being retro with dark wood panelling and mustard yellow shag carpet... but I still love it!
And, if you went to summer camp last year, this is the same beach... very beautiful, I know...



But... no dishwasher. It was my turn :)

Gracie and I decided to go "do the town" . If you have ever been to Rockaway, you know that it can actually be done in about 15 minutes... unless you're doing it with me. hahahah.
So while I was parking, I got a little too close to the truck in front of me with my Mercedes. Oops!
Hah! Just kidding. We came across this and thought it was picture worthy though.

Beware of the manikins. There out to gecha! Especially those Styrofoam kind...

Ladies! A new form of exercise!!! Ironing! I have a new appreciation for the woman that had to use these thangs! 20 pounds right there, and I'm not even kidding!

Twin Rocks

I realize that jumping off the back of a dilapidated fire pit is a little on the silly side, but it's actually more fun than you would think...
My little brother jumping like a weirdo. I think the smoke really added to the whole "coolness" factor...


Family pictures

Yes, I actually did bring matching clothes for everyone. Cheese ball or no, I think they turned out pretty good.

Chacos really are the best in the West

So Dogs... great for pillows. You should try it some time.

Then we went to Portland to see the fam, and my cousin's new baby!!! Say hello to Sidney Kate Benfit. No, no one in my family is even remotely related to anyone in Australia...


Here is my Grandma King. 82 and feeln' spunky!

There is more, but I have a dentista appointmenta... yay for fillings!

Peace out!

6 comments:

Grace said...

love it molly, LOVE it. except there's one where my chin looks wierder than usual...

Molly Polly said...

Which picture is that? har. har.

Molly Polly said...

Hey, I just got out of Oceanography Lab and it's gonna be really fun. Enthusiastic lab partners... FINALLY!
Yay for that, not so yay that you gave me your cold. Erggg! I want to take a nap.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Oceanography! Sounds like fun... Except it should probably be called Lakeography or Riverography. :) I liked seeing your beach pics- again! ;) So far, my immune system is resisting the King's bug... must...stay...healthy... Sorry you are a sickie now. :(

Anonymous said...

I blogged about my spring break before YOU! haha.. heck yess you're going to have to teach me your skillllz

Grace said...

Brandy... okay I really have to know, is the heck yesss and skilllz originally from Napoleon Dynamite or am I really off in left field with that one????